Coach Joe is a passionate player, coach, and mentor in the beautiful game of basketball. He has taken his personal game from toddler hoops in the back yard to a college level scholarship. He continues to play for a well-respected men’s league and has a winning driven mentality mentorship, leadership, and teamwork. Coach Joe has taken many broken programs and turned them into confident, winning teams.
Coach Joe’s successes include:
· 1996-1999 YMCA Sharks (23-1 record over 3yr span) 1-3 graders
· 1999-2000 Cleveland Highschool Assistant Coach
· 2002-2004 Holy Names Academy Highschool (Placed 4th and 6th at State) 9-12 graders. Scholarship Players attended University of Washington and Georgia Tech
o Won Wendy Millsap Krueger Memorial Coach of the Year 2003
· 2004-2006 Summit Jane Adams Highschool, Varsity Head Coach (took team to playoffs for the first time in 10 years)
o Won SEAMOUNT Coach of the Year 2006
· 2006-2009 Highline Highschool Varsity Head Coach (took a team from 1-19 and finished 12-7)
· 2009-2010 Green River College Assistant Coach
· 2010-2016 Rainier Beach Highschool Varsity Head Coach (took a 5-14 team to 10-10 in the Metro League
Coach Joe has taken some time away from his beloved game and has recently married Mrs Cindy Leota and is enjoying time with his newly blended family that he and his wife share 4 daughters, 2 sons, and spend lots of time with his first grandson. He is anxious to get back into the game he is so passionate about and is ready to go with much ambition.